Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cancer Quilt

Well, it has been a while since my last post. I started a new type of job at work and I come home so tired that I can't seem to get anything done. The weekends are always so busy with catching up on housework and such that keeping up with the blog has been difficult. I decided that today was the day to catch up with my posts. I have been doing a few quilty or sewing type thing in the last several months and so now I will share.

I was looking for some pictures for a post and I came across these pictures of a quilt I did almost a year and a half ago. Every year my husband's work has a fund raiser for the Cancer Society and in May of 2007 I decided to donate a quilt to raffle off. I can't remember how much money it brought in, it's been too long, but it turned out really nice. I found some outdoorsy fabric with panels on it that I used for the center of the blocks. Here is the quilt and then a close up of a block.




No comments: