Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yippee! Yo Yos!

One of the projects from our Sister's Quilt Retreat was a Yo Yo flag. This was my niece Tresa's project. She wasn't able to come but she made us all a really cute kit containing a Clover Yo Yo Maker (the small size), red, white and blue fabric squares and a cute hand drawn pattern for us to follow. We worked on them in the evenings while watching TV and Gayle and I worked on them while riding in the car. Poor Kaye had to drive us everywhere and so she didn't get as much yo yo time. I have never really thought I would do a yo yo project. They always seemed like a lot of work...... but......if you use the Clover Yo Yo Maker they are SO easy. What a great gadget! As of this writing Connecting Threads is having a really good sale on the them. I suggest you get some for yourself.

This is my finished Yo Yo Flag. I love it! It was so fun and easy to do. The yoyos are about 1 inch in size and so the flag is about 10 x 7 inches.

We had so much fun making them that mom and I bought all of the other sizes too!

Clover has also made a Flower and a Heart Yo Yo Maker. There are two different sizes of these but we only bought one. You have to draw the line somewhere!

It was so fun making this project! I think I will make it again but with the extra small yoyos. Wouldn't that be so cute? Thanks, Tresa.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Oh, I love those little teeny-tiny ones. What cute things you could do with those! There's something about miniature anything.

T Fowler said...

That turned out so cute. I'm jealous that all of you have yours done and I'm still working on mine! I'll have to try to flower one when I'm out next.